The 2016 Rio Olympics happened and I couldn’t tell you who won or lost, but I’m sure much was celebrated.
During the 2016 Olympics, Deadman’s Tome held its very own horror Olympics. The horror Olympics had stories compete against one another in various categories such as Most Read, Zombie, Best Sex, and Straight-Up Murder. While I made an announcement of the winners via Deadman’s Tome Podcast, let me do a quick rundown for those that didn’t catch it. You can listen to the announcement here:
For the Best of the Most Read:
- The Way Out by Gary Buller 45.83% (11 votes)
- Melissa’s Hobby by Sean Glasheen 37.5% (9 votes)
- Unbloom by Kristine Hall-Garcia 8.33% (2 votes)
- Four of July 25% (1 votes)
- The Night We Aired The House 25% (1 votes)
- Happy Birthday, Joshie 25% (1 votes)
- My 1963 Ford Galaxy and the Maniacs of Dearborn County 25% (1 votes)
- Sex Toy 66.67% (4 votes)
- Caught in the Act 16.67% (1 votes)
- DOSE 16.66% (1 votes)
For Straight-Up Murder
- Confession 43.75% (7 votes)
- Electric Love 31.25% (5 votes)
- A Corpse Can’t Laugh 25% (4 votes)
The 2016 Horror Olympics was a spur of the moment thing, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Because the contest was so spontaneous (and because Deadman’s Tome doesn’t have the money), Deadman’s Tome does not have actually golden medals. However, I think the winners deserves some recognition. Perhaps a certificate of some sort. Maybe access to the backroom where the groupies and “party favors” are kept.
The winners received additional readers, and every view is money. The winners will also receive a certificate.